Overview of the Gallery
The Gallery is a showcase of e-learning possibilities
We've included the best available samples of the many different e-learning strategies we have identified, ranging from quizzes and demonstrations to role plays and simulations. You can use the Gallery to answer these questions:
- What learning strategies can you use online?
- Where can you find examples?
- When would you use a particular strategy?
- How do you do it, and what's involved?
Moving around the Gallery using tasks
To help you find your way around the Gallery, we've organised the strategies under four key tasks involved in designing and delivering courses:
- organising the content - presenting or exploring information to engage learners
- preparing learning activities - providing a variety of challenges and interactions for learners
- providing support - building communication to motivate and enrich learning
- arranging assessment - assessing progress and providing evidence of competence.
As you'll see, e-learning resources can be used to enrich learning in all these ways.
Click on the menu tabs above to move between the four tasks.
Samples and guides
Finding out about each strategy in the Gallery
Click the button for any strategy to see selected click-and-view samples of e-learning strategies from a range of industries. You'll also find a practical teaching guide to using that strategy, including:
- details of each sample (where from, which course, customising options, etc)
- advice on when to use the strategy
- the practical steps involved, and any skills or tools you need.
Print the teaching guide to any strategies which interest you.
Viewing all strategies
Locating a strategy alphabetically
Many of these e-learning strategies can be used for more than one of the four key tasks.
This alphabetical list is a convenient way to find a particular strategy.
Select the menu tab above to View All.