E2 Conduct the assessment process
When you are conducting online assessment you will need to make sure that the learner is adequately supported. Think about how you:
- provide feedback to learners. Timely, constructive and appropriate feedback on assessment issues may be critical in maintaining learner effort.
- include opportunities for feedback from the learner's peers
- provide support for learners with access and equity issues
- provide support for learners in accessing and submitting assessments. Sometimes the technology frustrates learners and they may need a helping hand.
- provide opportunities for learners to clarify the assessment tasks.
You may want to consider:
- an online chat session early in the delivery to ensure learners are clear about the requirements
- a Frequently Asked Questions section in the online discussion board
- outlining the protocols for email access to the teacher/assessor with agreed response time.
Finally it is your task to assess competency using the evidence that has been submitted.
Assessing Online discussions - rubric
We have prepared this Word document on assessing online discussions as a jumping off point for you to modify for your own teaching and assessment context.
E 2 Assessing Online discussions - Word
ID Online provides some examples of how different teachers have supported learners.
ID online - How can I support my learners