A4 Plan testing schedule for online courseware
Assessment tasks which are offered online will need to be tested for a range of technical issues prior to their release to learners. Before you get into the development cycle you should ensure that you plan an appropriate testing schedule. This may include:
- ease of use of the platform
- user interface issues
- reliability of the software under varying configurations, (try out your courseware on similar computers and internet connections as those used by your learners).
- accuracy of recorded results from computer generated tests
- inclusion of accessibility standards
- robustness of any database used to record results.
Usability testing for VET Developers
This TAFE frontiers site has some excellent downloads which will assist you in determining your testing schedule.
Have a look at the Plan section:
- Download the Testing Methods Guide to look at the options for testing and choose your preferred approach.
- Download the Testing Planner which will help you to identify key people, resources and tasks.
Usability Testing for VET Developers